Fannie Maes My Community loan program was designed for first time homebuyers with little or no credit history and little or no money down.
The Mycommunity program allows homebuyers to qualify for a mortgage at conforming interest rates and lower pmi premiums. The program allows credit scores down to 540 and expanded approvals to a level 2. The program also has special features for Public safety workers and teachers.
The program has many similarities to the governments FHA program, although the MyCommunity program does NOT require a down payment.
MyCommunity has special programs for nurses, paramedics, fire fighters, and police officers as well as anyone who works in an educational institution.
The My Community Mortgage program is ideal for home buyers with limited funds for down payment and closing costs and those needing flexibilities on credit, income sources, or access to special options. Here are some of the program highlights:
- Up to 100% financing (no money down!)
- No prior credit history is required
- No minimum contribution from the buyer’s own funds
- Fixed or adjustable rate loans available with interest-only options
- Loan terms up to 40 years
- Reduced mortgage insurance requirements to help keep payments affordable
In addition to these program highlights, the My Community Mortgage program provides special underwriting consideration for:
- teachers & educational institution employees
- police officers and firefighters
- health care workers
- persons with disabilities (or those living with a family member with a disability)
- people living in underserved areas throughout the country, including many hurricane-damaged areas in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Texas